Delicious, creamy, homemade chicken gravy, and you don't even need chicken! Once you try this recipe you'll never buy those nasty packets of gravy at the store ever again. If making with a chicken dish, use the pan scrapings in the gravy to increase the flavor just be sure to strain before serving.
Prep Time: 1 Minute
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 2.5 cups
- 5 Tablespoons flour
- 5 Tablespoons salt free butter
- 2 Cups Chicken broth
- 1 Teaspoon Poultry seasoning
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 3 Teaspoons chicken base (or 3 cubes chicken bouillon)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (pinch of each)
- Make a roux with the butter and flour then add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes until sauce thickens. Be sure to taste throughout and adjust as needed.
- Additional milk will make the gravy creamier but will also make it thin, to thicken use a flour slurry right before it's done.