Brothers of War YouTube Channel Brothers of War Twitch Channel Brothers of War Steam Group Facebook

•  
Photo
- - - - -

Elegant Alfredo Sauce

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Locutus

Locutus

Founder & CEO

• 39,584 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

Elegant Alfredo Sauce

I invented this wonderful Alfredo sauce for my wife who absolutely hates all white sauces of every kind. It took me many years to blend the right ingredients, she'd turn her nose up every time I tried, now I have the perfect blend of simple ingredients that combine to make the most awesome complex flavors that I think all of you will love. It's my pleasure to share my family secret recipe with you!

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 (make double, you can save the leftover sauce in the fridge for a week)
Difficulty: Easy - Moderate
Easy to make - lots of whisking involved to get it right, but then so are many delectable delights!
So break out that elbow grease and make some wicked food your friends & family will never forget!

Ingredients:
4T Sour Cream
1/2 c unsalted butter (please do not ruin this recipe with margarine, I know from experience)
8oz Cream Cheese
1t minced garlic (fresh!)
1c milk
1/3 cup Heavy Cream
4oz Parmigiano-Reggiano (try Parmesan Asiago for a twist)
1/2t freshly cracked black pepper (table ground pepper will do in a pinch)
1/2c minced onion (optional)
Parsley for color
Salt to taste

1zegnk7.gif Please stick to low/med heat, just enough to melt butter and cheeses. Remember that this recipe is comprised of milk products and any higher heat will burn the milk-fats and cheeses. Constant stirring and a watchful eye is essential to producing the perfect Alfredo. If it is simmering (bubbling) or boiling, you have ruined this sauce.

Cooking Directions:

• Melt butter in saucepan, low/med heat
  • Add cream cheese and garlic when half the butter stick is melted, don't wait for it to completely melt.
  • Whisk vigorously until the butter/cheese mixture is blended perfectly. You will know you are done whisking in this stage when you can no longer see butter oils in the cream cheese mixture. If you see oils, keep whisking!
  • Add milk and sour cream, whisk until blended.
  • Add pepper and Parmesan cheese, whisk until blended.
  • Whisk under low heat until all ingredients are blended, you are not done blending until Parmesan is completely melted and incorporated into the sauce. Be patient and diligent in your whisking! A perfect blend is crucial in a perfect sauce!
  • Remove from heat and set aside.

Customize it!
This recipe is meant to create an Alfredo sauce, not the many variations of dishes that incorporate an Alfredo into their makeup. We love to make the sauce, set aside, all the while we've boiled some noodles, fried some chicken, and heated some veggies. Timing is crucial as in any meal in order to serve all at once to avoid serving cold food.

I serve noodles on a warmed plate, then chicken, then veggies, then sauce. That's just a standard Alfredo dish, use your imagination! Post your own dishes that use this white sauce, tell me what you think of my sauce!

post-1-0-23772300-1430426988.png
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled" - Dr. Richard Feynman "I prefer a Dangerous Freedom to a Peaceful Slavery" - Thomas Jefferson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users